Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Rams hope Kayvon Webster brings his winning pedigree to L.A.

March 21, 2017 01:28PM
Kayvon Webster won a Super Bowl with the Broncos. The Rams hope he brings his winning pedigree to L.A.

By Gary Klein

Peyton Manning and Champ Bailey influenced his work ethic and professionalism. Jack Del Rio and Wade Phillips taught him scheme.

Kayvon Webster also learned a lot about winning during his four seasons with the Denver Broncos.

The Rams’ pursued and signed Webster to possibly fill a gaping hole at cornerback, but they also added another desirable element: a Super Bowl pedigree.

Webster played for Broncos teams that participated in two NFL championship games, including a victory in Super Bowl 50 two seasons ago.

His experience around future hall of fame players such as now-retired Manning and Bailey, and Pro Bowl cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Chris Harris Jr. “kind of rubbed off on me,” Webster said Tuesday, and could have a positive effect on a Rams franchise that is coming off a 4-12 finish and has not made the playoffs since 2004.

“I know how to approach the game as a professional, as a winner, like those guys are,” Webster said during a teleconference. “I just hope to come add my little spice to the Rams, and hopefully this season is one of the best ones.”

Webster, 26, started two games as a rookie in 2013 but played mainly as a defensive reserve and became a special teams standout for the Broncos.

Now, the 5-foot-11, 198-pound Webster intends to start opposite cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

“I’m pretty prepared for that role,” said Webster, who signed a two-year, $7.75-million contract that includes $4.25 million in guaranteed money, according to spotrac.com.

Read Complete Article
[www.latimes.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Rams hope Kayvon Webster brings his winning pedigree to L.A.

RamBill577March 21, 2017 01:28PM

Re: The Rams hope Kayvon Webster brings his winning pedigree to L.A.

Headslap75280March 21, 2017 01:51PM