Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sticking With Phillips, Webster Looking to Earn Starting Role

March 20, 2017 11:00AM

By Myles Simmons

New Rams cornerback Kayvon Webster has mainly been a special teams player for Denver in his first four years in the NFL. And while he won Super Bowl 50 with the Broncos, Webster has long felt that he can be more than just a role player.

And so when he decided to sign with the Rams, the first call he made was to his mother.

“She just knows what I’ve been through,” Webster said in a recent interview with therams.com. “She knows the type of player I’ve been throughout my career. Not that I want to say in the NFL [Not just in the NFL], but just playing football. She knows that I’m a hard worker. I take it very seriously. And I pride myself in being known as one of the top ones.”

Someone with a dynamic and engaging personality, Webster talked of wanting to become a star for the Rams. He said he knew about the talent already assembled on the club’s defense, particularly that of starting cornerback Trumaine Johnson.

But defensive coordinator Wade Phillips’ presence on the coaching staff was perhaps the most significant factor in bringing Webster to Los Angeles.

“My coach came from Denver. He expressed the want that the Rams had for me,” Webster said, referring to Phillips. “And I took that into consideration, stepped out on faith, and I’m ready to come in and compete for a starting job.”

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill545March 20, 2017 11:00AM