Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An outstanding post re our new O coaches by den-the-coach...

March 19, 2017 09:19AM
I copied and am pasting this post for 2 reasons.

1) I think it provides outstanding insight well worth sharing.

2) I strongly suspect that "den" is far too modest to post it himself. Lol.

Here's "den". Enjoy!

Well, there is no doubt that there are better coaches on offense and in fact, the Head Coach comes from not only an extensive offensive background, but he's worked with one Head Coach highly regarded (Jon Gruden) and McVay will be the play caller so that is a huge upgrade over Rob Boras who had never been an offensive coordinator at the NFL level and wanted to be a play caller in the worst way and he was.

Offensive Line Coach Aaron Kromer...I'm not sure what happened to Paul Boudreau there were some rumors about his health, but his offensive line last season was an epic fail and that falls squarely on Boudreau and I wish him the best, however, Kromer is a huge upgrade. Everywhere Kromer has been, he's been very successful, now, would I want to sit down and have a beer with him? Not on a beach, but I believe Kromer will make a huge difference from day one.

Offensive Coordinator Matt LaFleur...I feel confident Sean McVay will be able to call the plays because of the hiring of Matt LaFleur as they are very close and will work in unison to give the Rams an edge they have not had since Mike Martz was roaming the sidelines in the Gateway City. LaFleur is also a Quarterback whisper so that should aid Goff, Mannion & Murray oh my!

Quarterback Coach Greg Olson....What I like here is Olson had an opportunity to be the Bills offensive coordinator, but chose the Rams as a position coach and his experience over the likes of Chris Weinke, is not even close. Jared Goff now will have a confidant on the sidelines that will be able to guide him through uncharted waters and should be a major upgrade for the California Golden Boy from last season.

Wide Receiver Coach Eric Yarber...Now keep in mind I had high expectations when the Rams hired Mike Groh last season, but Groh was working in unison with Boras as the passing game coordinator and again that was an epic fail and you have to hold Groh somewhat accountable...Yarber is a player's coach, who has done well in the NFL and at the collegiate level and many wrote about the UCLA Wide Receivers being very well coached, but Yarber was not a strong recruiter, which in college is obviously huge. Well, now Yarber does not have to worry about recruiting and this position coach does not have to worry about calling pass plays, so, IMHO, the Ram receiver core will be better off for it and keep in mind that the Rams have Zac Taylor as the assistant wide receiver coach, which will give the the receivers an understanding from a Quarterback perspective, which should also aid in the improvement of the unit.

Tight End Coach Shane Waldron....Last season the Rams brought in John Lilly to coach the Tight Ends and it was Lilly's first gig at the NFL level. Waldron although young, has worked with the Patriots and was attached at the hip as well with McVay in Washington who coached that position before he was promoted to offensive coordinator. This was a crucial hire IMHO because McVay in his scheme at times employees three tight ends at once on the field. Rams presently have one veteran TE in Cory Harkey who is more of a full back and then Higbee, Hemingway and many have forgotten about Bryce Williams who was added late to the mix. Waldron should aid in the development of these guys and remember Head Coaches never forget the position they coached so McVay will have an eye on Shane to ensure his Tight Ends are improving each and every day.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

An outstanding post re our new O coaches by den-the-coach...

Rams43957March 19, 2017 09:19AM

I think its stupendious! nm

RFIP334March 19, 2017 09:40AM

Astonishing! nm.

stlramz230March 19, 2017 10:24AM

Awesome!

9er8er303March 19, 2017 01:26PM

Nice work by den-the-coach ...& Rams43!

canuckramsfans283March 19, 2017 10:34AM

I can't imagine.....

Crazylegs282March 19, 2017 04:52PM

Re: IMHO.............This staff will get it done!

oldschoolramfan232March 20, 2017 05:17AM