March 26, 2014 07:51AM
Jim, that is such an awesome account and I am so grateful for the detail you went into. Truely appreciated man and you just went from Ram great to Ram great with a lot of class for answering a questiomn that I knew could bring back painful memories.

For me it was the Pats SB loss. I was still living in England at the time and it was the middle of the night when we went into the 4th with work the following morning. My wife had gone to bed at half time (she'd never do that now btw, she's hardcore Rams) and I was left downstairs with the TV on as quiet as I could so not to disturb her as she had to be up at 5am.

The ebbs and flows with nobody to share it with (no Internet chat boards to the extent there are now then) was tortuous.

Then when Vinatieri made the field goal is was the flatest experience of my life. I just couldn't believe it, and let me tell you, we grossly underestimate the power of having people to vent to and deconstruct events that just happened.

There was no post game coverage, no chance to lick my wounds, just a bed to go to that provided an opportunity to process an opportunity spurned and rob me of any meaningful sleep. And trust me, the following day at work I did not get any sympathy for being up all night watching some weird sport called 'American Football'. Ridicule was the name of the game winking smiley

I was also in Minneapolis on my own ( I contrived a business trip, really just to get to the game) and having some serious abuse aimed at me by Vikings fans who were leaving thinking they had lost. And then we lose on that safety! Circa '89 I think. That was a longer than normal flight back to the UK that required a few refills on the vino front to help ease my pain.

But let's not focus on the negative because I loved watching you play for the Rams and you brought an excitement to our QB position that I had never seen before, and that is not to be underestimated in the history of this franchise.

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I remember seeing your debut

RamUK2127February 12, 2014 06:22PM

Re: I remember seeing your debut

JimEverett1393February 17, 2014 03:37PM

RamUK1283March 26, 2014 07:51AM

JimEverett1143March 26, 2014 10:44AM