October 05, 2016 12:22PM
70sramsfan
Thank you so much for taking questions, Mr. Youngblood. I have been a fan since finding your football card on the top of a pack in 1974!

A question about your teammate Jim Youngblood. The two of you were not related, and yet the Youngblood name is not a common one, and the two of you played the left side together for a number of years. My question is, how close were you and Jim? Was he a very good friend that you did a lot with off the field, or was he just another teammate that happened to share your last name? If you were good friends, are you still in touch with him today?

Congrats on a well-deserved Hall of Fame selection!!

JIMMY WAS MY COMPATRIOT ON THE LEST SIDE, HE HAD MY BACK. IN 1978 WHEN I HAD A PINCHED NERVE HE WOULD MAKE SURE THAT HE HAD MY LEFT SIDE COVERED, AND HE AND I WOULD ALTERNATE OUR RUSHES SO WE COULD MAKE UP FOR WHERE I WAS LACKING. WE WERE AND ARE STILL CLOSE FRIENDS, WE DID A MILLER LITE COMMERCIAL TOGETHER, WE GET TOGETHER WHEN WE CAN.

OUR MOTHERS WOULD MEET TOGETHER WHEN WE WERE IN ATLANTA TO TRY AND PIECE TOGETHER THE GENEALOGY, BUT THEY NEVER COULD SHOW WE WERE DISTANT COUSINS. SO, AS FAR AS WE KNOW WE ARE NOT RELATED.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jim Youngblood

70sramsfan2048September 28, 2016 03:17AM

Re: Jim Youngblood

JackYoungblood1448October 05, 2016 12:22PM